I know it’s been Spring now officially for a few weeks, but it’s taken about that much time to get sufficiently prepared. While my wardrobe is always adequately supplied with Spring staples such as colorful ballet flats, fun skirts in vibrant colors and accessories to compliment, it was my home that needed a little TLC.
As I approach the 1 year anniversary of being a homeowner, I couldn’t help but notice I needed to add some Spring touches to my stock of home goods. Thus I’ve been on a constant hunt for floral accents….(insert sarcastic Devil Wears Prada remark of, flowers for spring how ground breaking comment here.) But being the girly flower child that I am how could I not embrace one of Spring’s signature mascots?
While I could fill up this post and write endless ode’s to what I love most about Spring, I’ve decided to simply itemize my favorites instead.
- Finally, the girl who loves bright colors has an excuse to embrace that pink. Whether it be lipstick, nail polish, ballerina flats or heels…during Spring, every day this girl wears pink!
- Ok, sometimes I do like to change up the previous comment and add my splash of color in the form of periwinkle, or even mint green i.e my favorite Chanel ballet flats.
- Speaking of shoes, I feel like Spring and Summer are when my shoe game is strongest. I love ballet flats, I love jewels and I love colors…it’s literally like Spring was made for me.
- An excuse to play in the dirt! Lately, I’ve been exploring my talents as a gardener, or lack thereof in the case of my hydrangeas. But the good news is my Lincoln roses are off to a great start! And daisies! More to come on my blog soon about my gardening adventures, and helpful tips I’ve come across on Pinterest.
- My house is starting to look like an ode to Shabby chic glam. Especially with my mirrored furniture, all quickly becoming accented by silk floral arrangements.
- The longer days! Whether I’m walking around the lake with my precious Olivia, or catching up on a good book (currently reading ‘Cupcakes and Cashmere’) while sipping on tea in my back yard, I love to enjoy as much of that sunshine as possible!
- Watching the world literally come to life! Everywhere I look, flowers are blooming, birds are chirping and everything just looks so new! I love that. Dear Mother Nature, this Spring, you seem be working over time to paint the world so pretty and I appreciate you.
More to come and highlight with each Spring ensemble I’m sure! But in the mean time, take the time to smell or snap the beauty around you dear readers! Life is most definitely too short not to appreciate those little things.